Prior to this engagement, Mmutle was in senior manager at Deloitte Consulting looking after the Public Sector stream, and also served as a management consultant as a specialist IT advisor to the various Transnet Divisions.
Some of the notable achievements while in his role as Chief Information Officer at Transnet National Ports Authority are:
- Leading Digital Change for the South African Logistics Value Chain across multi-modalities (Rail , Road, Terminal Operations, Marine Operations, and the South African Ports Eco System)
- Rationalized from 16 applications to 3 currently across 8 Commercial Ports
- Leading the “Core Renaissance for Transnet National Ports Authority – Re-platforming, Remediating, Revitalizing and Replacing decisions around technology operational environment.
- Implementation of Ports on-line (for the on-line processing of Cargo Dues orders) and the Portlink System for the processing of the travel requests
- Implementation of one of the first HANA installation on the African continent to address BI requirements
- The successful implementation of the fully automated Integrated Port Management System (IPMS) across the entire Port System as the first step towards a digital SmartPorts concepts
- Currently championing the implementation of the SmartPorts initiative throughout the Ports system underpinned by digital connectivity throughout the entire Ports ecosystem (e.g., E-Commerce, CRM, Automated Billing and a Single Window concept)